The Truth Is....

I would love to give you the idea that I’m sat here with a glass of red wine, squealing inside that I’m finally sitting down to writing my first blog, and me and my husband have brainstormed amazing ideas to share with the world.
The truth is, nope to each one, and secondly, my blogging is about the nitty, gritty, messy, awful, infuriating, depressing reality we endure daily as a family.
I’m finally sat down yes, but after having a horrendous hour with my 6-year old, floods of tears from both of us, things thrown, horrid words spat, no love given. My husband and I had short, snappy words as I’m now too tired and feeling miserable since yet another all too familiar hellish episode with my daughter, and he’s walked out to commence a night shift at work.
The truth is, I have no idea how to write a blog, or exactly how to catch anyone’s attention. Not entirely sure where to start as there is just so much to say, but I do know that my goals are clear.
I’ve always wanted to blog. So many times I have felt so useless and lost as a parent in my journey, but it has actually been other blogs on the internet that have given me hope, strength and new techniques to learn to love and guide my family again, as well as look after myself. Easier said than done though.
As I fight every part of my life with such passion, and wear myself down every day, I know one things for sure, that at the root of this family is strength. Such overwhelming strength, that yes, we have broken many times, but we get back up, and we carry on, harder, stronger, and smarter.
I invite you to follow my blog, and share our experiences together, cry together, laugh together, and learn together. Because “Where there is love there is life” – Gandhi.
I look forward to sharing my next post soon. X

Comments